Les Films Sony Imageworks is located on unceded and traditional territories of the Kanien'keha:ka (Mohawk) people.
Les Films Sony Imageworks Québec Inc.
Project based, Full Time
Language in work environment – Excellent communication skills in both French and English to deal with global aspects of business
Benefits per company policy: include healthcare, tuition reimbursement, RRSP's, Sick and Vacation leave, standard increases as applicable
Sony Pictures Imageworks is currently seeking a Senior Analyst – Infrastructure Operations!
As a Senior Analyst, you will be responsible for the maintenance of the IT infrastructure. This will include the installation and/or removal of infrastructure components and systems, configuring network components and resolving issues, maintaining appropriate levels of systems software and performing some security related work. You will contribute to the availability and capacity management of the IT infrastructure including disaster recovery plans. You will also be assigned to certain projects or other initiatives as time permits.
- Provides technical expertise to enable the accurate application of operational procedures.
- Contributes to the planning and implementation of infrastructure maintenance and updates.
- Implements agreed infrastructure changes and maintenance routines.
- Uses infrastructure management tools to resolve load and performance statistics. Configures tools and/or builds scripts to automate the provisioning, testing and deployment of new and changed infrastructure. Maintains operational procedures and checks that they are implemented following agreed standards.
- Investigates and enables the resolution of operational issues. Provides reports and proposals for improvement, to specialists, users and managers.
- Maintains the network support process and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures.
- Ensures network configurations are applied to meet operational requirements in line with agreed procedures.
- Uses network management software and tools to investigate and diagnose network problems, collect performance statistics and create reports.
- Ensures that system software is provisioned and configured to facilitate the achievement of service objectives.
- Evaluates new system software and recommends adoption if appropriate. Plans the provisioning and testing of new versions of system software.
- Investigates and coordinates the resolution of potential and actual service problems.
- Ensures that operational procedures and diagnostics for system software are current, accessible and well understood.
Systems Installation and Removal
- Undertakes or supervises complex installations and de-installations of systems or components, including handover to the client.
- Develops procedures and standards for installation and handover to maintain and improve the installation service.
- Schedules installation work around client priorities and resource availability.
- Ensures alignment to established safety and quality procedures.
- Analyses service and component availability, reliability, maintainability and serviceability.
- Contributes to the availability management process and its operation. Performs defined availability management tasks.
- Ensures that services and components meet and continue to meet all of their agreed performance targets and service levels.
- Implements arrangements for disaster recovery and documents recovery procedures. Conducts testing of recovery procedures.
- Monitors service component capacity and initiates actions to resolve any shortfalls according to agreed procedures.
- Applies techniques to control the demand upon a particular resource or service.
- Contributes to capacity modelling and planning.
- Supports the design of service component capacity.
- Maintains operational security processes and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures.
- Provides advice on defining the application and operation of elementary physical, procedural and technical security controls.
- Investigates security breaches in accordance with established procedures and recommends required actions. Provides support and checks that corrective actions are implemented.
- Acts as a routine contact point between the organization and suppliers.
- Supports resolution of supplier-related incidents, problems, or unsatisfactory performance.
- Collects and reports on supplier performance data.
- Designs test cases and test scripts under own direction, mapping back to pre-determined criteria, recording and reporting test outcomes.
- Participates in requirement, design and specification reviews, and uses this information to build test plans and test conditions.
- Applies agreed standards to specify and perform manual and automated testing. Automates testing tasks and builds test coverage through existing or new infrastructure.
- Analyses and reports on test activities, results, issues and risks.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a preference for Computer Science, Engineering or other technical degree.
- Familiarity with Python/Bash Scripting
- 5-6 years of PC/Mac/Linux/Network/Server related experience
- Advanced ability to configure and install workstation/server/network components and systems.
- Excellent written and spoken technical English.
- Ability to work with distributed teams.
We value unique perspectives, and want diverse, unique talent to work with us. We encourage candidates from all identities to apply.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.