Sony Pictures Imageworks is located on the unceded traditional territory of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh First Nations. We are committed to respecting traditional lands, and working with communities towards reconciliation.
Sony Pictures Imageworks is an Academy Award®-winning visual effects and animation studio known for photoreal live-action visual effects, dynamic creature and character animation and full-CG features. Having created visually stunning images for more than 100 live-action and animated productions over its 26-year history the studio is also a leader in technology, developing software and tools that have helped solve industry-wide challenges and deliver spectacular visuals to the big screen.
● You will be responsible for general production oversight and team leadership for a feature film.
You will be responsible for crewing of talent (working closely with Artist Management), anticipation
and diffusing internal show challenges, and managing show quota/bid days/deliveries.
● You will be the internal-facing Producer working under the guidance of a Senior Producer,
managing team touch-base meetings, and partnering with VFX, Animation, and CG supervisors
to ensure teams are resourced and functioning effectively.
● You will be expected to set the tone for crew scheduling, and client reporting.
● You will be responsible for building morale and motivating the show crew, fostering teamwork and
● Your duties and responsibilities may be altered from time to time, consistent with your position, at
the Employer’s sole discretion.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Minimum 5 yrs of previous experience as a VFX Producer for large scale vfx projects
• VFX Producer credits on high profile films
• Strong leadership qualities and ability to manage large teams
• Managing Dailies and project meetings
• Organized and highly detail oriented
• Advanced Excel and Google Doc skills
• Excellent communications skills in English; both written and verbal.
• Must be able to work within a fast paced environment
• VFX related education an asset
We value unique perspectives, and want diverse, unique talent to work with us. We encourage candidates from all identities to apply.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.