Sony Pictures Imageworks is located on the unceded traditional territory of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh First Nations. We are committed to respecting traditional lands, and working with communities towards reconciliation.
Sony Pictures Imageworks is an Academy Award®-winning visual effects and animation studio known for photoreal live-action visual effects, dynamic creature and character animation and full-CG features.
We are looking to expand our team of software engineers that support the development of our FX, Character FX and Environment tools and pipelines. Candidates must have strong demonstrated technical chops, with experience in Houdini plugins and digital assets. They must be at ease working with a Lead Software Engineer or Architect with little supervision in an environment where production demands can shift priorities more quickly than some traditional software environments.
The engineer is primarily responsible for the development, implementation of domain specific tools and workflows. This position requires collaboration with other engineers from other teams, such as shading, lighting, and rendering.
- Experience with and passion for developing new tools and workflows
- Houdini expertise
- Documented experience with Python
- Experience with C, C++
- Understanding of VFX pipelines and experience writing VFX-related tools
- Understanding of Character FX workflows and tools
- Understanding of Environments workflows and tools
- Experience with Katana, USD, and queuing systems
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD workflow (gitlab, jenkins, travis)
- Highly detailed and organized in work practices
- Experienced with UNIX/Linux
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, or equivalent
- Documented experience as an engineer in a VFX or Gaming studio
We value unique perspectives, and want diverse, unique talent to work with us. We encourage candidates from all identities to apply.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.