Sony Pictures Imageworks is located on the unceded traditional territory of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh First Nations. We are committed to respecting traditional lands, and working with communities towards reconciliation.
We are looking for a passionate Engineer for support and development of our CFX pipeline. The ideal candidate is a strong coder, investigator and communicator who is looking to collaborate on projects of varying size with an emphasis on meeting the needs of productions with time-sensitive deadlines.
Candidates must have strong technical skills and enjoy collaboration with other engineers and artists. They must be at ease working with little supervision and/or with a Lead Engineer in an environment where production demands can shift priorities more quickly than some traditional software environments.
- Support & develop CFX pipeline, systems, tools & plugins.
- Review incoming issues from Shows CFX teams and CFX department.
- Work with artist, pipeline teams, senior engineers, leads & architect to:
- Triage issues, collect information to try and get to the source of the problem.
- Recreate issues/bugs.
- Resolve issues, bugs and work on new features requests.
- Help with understanding of artist workflows.
- Analyze common and chronic issues and evaluate solutions with artists.
- Assess needs, propose recommendations for improvements and produce elegant solutions.
- Create and maintain artist documentation and team documentation.
- Help with Testing, Code review and Quality analysis.
- Experience with Python and PyQt/PySide.
- Experience with Katana and Houdini API.
- Experience with C++.
- Experience with supporting and developing pipeline tools.
- Good with problem solving skills and ability to break down problems to isolate the cause.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Excellent in working with others in a Team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Hair, Fur, Feather and Cloth.
- Experience with Maya API.
- Experience working with Linux.
- Experience with test-driven development workflows.
- perience with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Degree in Computer Science or similar education.
- Understanding of VFX pipelines and experience writing VFX-related tools
We value unique perspectives, and want diverse, unique talent to work with us. We encourage candidates from all identities to apply.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.