Sony Pictures Imageworks is located on the unceded traditional territory of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh First Nations. We are committed to respecting traditional lands, and working with communities towards reconciliation.
Sony Pictures Imageworks Canada Inc.
725 Granville Street, 5th Floor
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V7K 1Y4
Project based, Full Time
Language in work environment - English
Benefits per company policy: include healthcare, tuition reimbursement, RRSP's, Sick and Vacation leave, standard increases as applicable
Sony Imageworks Vancouver is seeking Environment Artists!
The Environment Artist will be responsible for the design and creation of detailed large-scale full-CG and matte painted environments for live-action and animated features.
You will use a flexible generalist approach to your work, but within the context of a mature pipeline with well-defined standards.
- Ideally 4+ years experience making environments for high-end live-action vfx feature films and/or television series.
- Experience on animated feature films or large-scale vfx pipeline preferred
- Environment modelling
- Natural Environments: landscapes, foliage, rocks & debris, etc.
- Urban Environments: background cities.
- Environment Texturing & Lookdev
- Procedural & painted texturing
- Generating flow/deposition/erosion/arbitrary masks to modulate texturing/lookdev
- Basic lookdev setup
- Environment dressing/layout
- Scattering tools & manual layout
- Photoshop, Nuke, Maya, Speedtree
- Nice to have:
- Mari,Zbrush, Substance Designer/Painter,Katana/Arnold
- Terragen, WorldMachine, Vue or similar.
- Reality Capture, PTGui
Please note that you must be able to provide a demo reel that illustrates your relevant artistic and technical experience that also includes the nuances for this specific role.
We value unique perspectives, and want diverse, unique talent to work with us. We encourage candidates from all identities to apply.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.