This position will manage the day to day activities for key distributed labels, working alongside label clients to develop artists and promote content at the industry's leading independent music distributor and label services company. The candidate must be Dubai based and have strong passion for and knowledge of the music distribution scene and the independent cross-genre music market, an understanding of digital retail platforms, release requirements and opportunities, a creative spirit, and solid technical capabilities.
What You’ll Do
- Manage release processing logistics within The Orchard’s distribution system for digital music and video formats
- Provide customer service and support for distributed clients in adopting The Orchard’s proprietary client tools and technology
- Maintain day to day relationships with distributed music and video clients.
- Maintain close relationships with retail partners to secure promotional opportunities
- Manage assigned label’s digital product logistics and operations, ensuring digital content is delivered in a timely manner and to required specifications using Orchard technology systems
- Ensure the global sales and marketing organization has all assets to properly solicit and market priority releases.
- Liaise with local retail and represent the full Orchard’s distributed content base and priority releases outside of assigned roster in support of The Orchards sales efforts.
- Drive product adoption of The Orchards tools and services across the client base.
Who You Are
- 2+ years’ experience within a label or distribution system working with labels or artists.
- Experience working within a label, artist management or distribution system supporting releases, projects or relationships
- High level of knowledge with digital retail outlets, release timelines, and marketing opportunities
- Knowledge of social marketing, online video platforms, digital advertising, and online promotional outlets
- High level of awareness and passion for local independent labels, artists and the Arabic music scene
- Supreme organizational skills + written and verbal communication skills in Arabic and English
- You are relationship-driven with a creative and analytical mind, with the ability to work proactively
- Position is customer service and relationship focused, requiring excellent internal and external communication skills and professional diplomacy.
- Supreme attention to detail, multi-tasking, and follow-through skills required.
- Experience with digital music platforms and digital music best practices.
- Experience with digital retail opportunities.
The ideal candidate is:
- A self-driven problem solver and leader.
- Technologically savvy.
- Patient and empathetic with clients.
- An effective communicator on phone, email, and in person.
- Resourceful and takes initiative - an expert troubleshooter.
- Passionate about the digital music business, and the future of music.