The Head of Creative will create, plan and deliver Sony Music’s creative content strategy for international repertoire in Southeast Asia (SEA) markets.
You will establish and lead a creative team dedicated to delivering hyper local social campaigns to increase the presence of SME Artists in Southeast Asia.
This role will guide and oversee the social media strategy, short-form video strategy and content production (photo, video, and digital marketing assets), in order to create compelling fan experiences on behalf of some of the biggest International artists in the world. They will work in close partnership with Global stakeholders to bring all of the necessary creative to life for each campaign and report report into GM International Marketing, Southeast Asia.
You will be leading a team of five people across different markets.
This role shall be preferably based in Singapore.
What you'll do:
Create content that inspires and is culturally relevant
• Understand the artists’ narrative and define an omnichannel content strategy for SEA that aligns to the international artists’ brand and resonates with their fanbase.
• Facilitate the creative content development and lead the production of content pieces in a range of digital and off-line formats, including print, video, digital and mobile executions, and campaign / release collateral to build fanbases in Southeast Asia.
• Work closely with the digital marketing to define short and long form content to build international artists’ profile in Southeast Asia and ensure that it is culturally relevant for the SEA market, including but not limited to personality pieces for artist social channels, live music / tour content, content series, animations, visualisers, lyrical content, behind the scenes, interviews, teasers, tv formats.
• Encourage an elevated level of creativity among the SEA team to enable smart, impactful, varied, imaginative and audience-centred content across all social and short-form video platforms.
• Ensure the content work is delivered on time, to the required level of quality, creativity and within the estimated budget.
Bring the artist’s narrative and persona to life through immersive storytelling
• Keep up to date with and use the latest social media trends and technology to deliver content that is audience centric and uses digital, physical, and virtual platforms to involve fans in the story
• Work with digital and social media teams to create immersive content and stories that boost the fan experience, promote interaction, and maximise engagement
• Use a combination of data analysis, user research, benchmarking, and content audits to make content decisions and orchestrate proactive content development
• In-depth understanding of internet culture and an active user of social media and gaming platforms like: Instagram / TikTok / YouTube / Twitter, etc
Build a creative network in the region and enhance SMEs capabilities
• Identify / allocate agencies and negotiate with external suppliers to support the creative content process across multiple projects across the region.
• Commission creative short and long form content to external parties (freelance editors, videographers, producers, directors, animators, and content creators as needed) and actively manage these projects end-to-end
• Work closely with the local marketing teams to customise and enable relevant content for each market
Who you are:
• Minimum 8 years of demonstrable experience in delivering highly engaging and impactful content through a variety of channels and platforms in a creative industry
• Practical creative experience such as videography/filming and editing/photography/animation/design
• Deep understanding in SEA markets music culture and consumer behaviours
• People management experience
• A successful track record of Key Account Management and/or Partner Sales / Business Development orientation to drive numbers & negotiations
• Content-writing, with an editorial background
• Strong digital orientation, analytical skills, and social media experience with a keen ability to forecast trends
• Budget management experience
• Passionate about music
• Creative ability to generate new and useful ideas and to execute them through a variety of media and digital and non-digital platforms.
• Strong relationship skills, collaborative in nature and highly networked in the social, lifestyle and media arena across South East Asia
• Open-minded, Intuitive & Ambitious
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• An effective multi-tasker, boasting the ability to think across different product genres and ranges
• Effective team leader & interpersonal skills.
• Bachelor degree
• Excellent spoken and written English is a must. Bahasa, Thai, Vietnamese, Tagalog languages will be an added advantage.
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- We invest in your professional growth & development
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We apply this policy without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.