As a Digital Marketing Manager will be accountable and responsible for the marketing and strategizing for all Domestic artists. To develop full scope digital marketing plans to derive fan engagement across all online platforms and an overall digital creative vision for superstar, established and emerging Music artists. Be part of the core team responsible for the overall artist branding, revenue, P&L and artist development. Coordinate social media, content development, streaming marketing, digital advertising & CRM campaigns for assigned artists.
- To maintain and managing the day-to-day relationship with artists and / or managers, as well as oversee, manage, and deliver release assets (marketing materials) to all the relevant teams.
- Initiates, plans and executes all aspects of marketing and promotional campaigns for upcoming releases alongside internal marketing team and media partners, and also builds and maintains a close relationship with key players in the music industry including TV producers, artists, radios, labels, promotion partners, etc.
- They will lead the day-to-day projects on assigned releases to ensure that these projects receive the appropriate level of marketing and publicity to achieve the necessary digital numbers and exposure, as well as liaise with the A&R and Digital teams to gather all necessary assets to meet delivery deadlines.
- Works closely with the Digital Sales team to formulate and implement digital plans, social media rollouts and DSP campaigns, as well as prepare, generate and update the following:
1. Artist P&L and budgets
2. Weekly and monthly reports
3. Updating and maintaining Spotify Filtr Malaysia (Domestic)’s playlist weekly
4. Working hand in hand with A&R team in developing artist DNA, marketing objectives and artist positioning
5. Developing and sustaining artist relationship and develop strategies in marketing and breaking new acts and hit chart success.
6. Making sure consistency in artist socials, monitoring of artist calendar/content/ideas, and help artist growing their fan base.
- Implement and derive campaigns focused on data collection; Maintain and nurture existing newsletter lists to ensure they are messaged consistently and efficiently.
- Assure all current and any new digital partners get the assets and attention they need to execute effective promotions.
- Help maintain relationships with key digital promotional partners and work with them on promotional activities (both online & offline), content creation, exclusive events and other partnership opportunities.
- Spot digital trends
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, multi-media, music business, digital business, mathematic, business management or any related field is preferred, not mandate
- At least 5 years of progressive digital marketing experience at a record label or other related media companies.
- Superb written and oral communication skills
- Thorough understanding of the music & entertainment marketplace.
- Knowledge of the music streaming landscape.
- Solid understanding / interest in lifestyle verticals and Urban culture.
- Social Media Obsessed: Demonstrated knowledge of and professional planning and executing experience with social platforms (Facebook, IG, TikTok, Twitter, Youtube, Google, Line etc.).
- Must be able to accept changes readily, both in job responsibilities, as well as in the work environment, and have the ability to be flexible in adapting to re-prioritized tasks.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized.
- Strong communication skills with a demonstrated ability to speak in forums, meetings and presentations.
- Experienced and skilled at acting as a liaison between the artists/artist management and the label using persuasion, empathy, communication and trust is a plus.
- Must be highly organized and capable of developing and keeping to a project timeline.
- Prior experience with a variety of digital marketing tools.
- Creative, self-starter with exceptional follow-up skills.
- Proficiency/knowledge in CRM programs including Salesforce, Tableau etc. is a plus.
- Data analysis/consumer-behaviour research skills are a plus.
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- We invest in your professional growth & development
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We apply this policy without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.