The Premium Content Group at Sony Music finances and produces films and series involving our global roster. You will be working with exciting new artists and iconic catalog artists across our 125-year history.
We are seeking an experienced executive to oversee a robust global slate of documentary films and series made by or about our most iconic artists. This key executive will also play a role in developing select Podcast content into documentary film and TV projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to work side-by-side with the best creators in music and film whose art is changing the world.
What you'll do:
- Provide creative and production expertise and support to Sony Music’s global film and tv projects.
- Directly oversee high-priority projects from early stage development through production.
- Vet and evaluate incoming pitches from a creative, strategic and commercial perspective and make recommendations to senior management.
- Track and report to senior management on the status of Sony Music’s global development and production slate, flagging risks and escalating issues as needed.
- Serve on the internal greenlight committee which makes film investment recommendations to internal stakeholders.
- Liaise with artist management and internal A&R teams to understand strategic and logistical considerations, such as timing, album releases, tour plans, and access to archive material.
- Work closely with film teams to provide creative oversight, feedback and support. Represent Sony Music’s interests throughout production by monitoring cost reports, tracking schedules and reviewing cuts.
- Create centralized tools and establish policies and best practices in collaboration with other film and TV development executives throughout the global Sony Music organization.
- Take the lead on packaging internally-developed film and series projects, including: identifying and attaching production companies and directors, overseeing the creation of development / sales materials, and vetting production budgets and schedules.
- Liaise with Global Podcast Division to identify select podcasts that may be internally developed into documentary films or series.
Who you are:
- A seasoned executive with 10+ years experience in documentary film.
- Established relationships with top-tier documentary production companies.
- Direct relationships with filmmakers, as well as strong agency connections.
- Detail oriented strategic thinker and problem solver.
- Familiarity with production tax incentives a plus.
- Relationships with key film festivals a plus.
- Must be an avid music fan across all genres.
- Awareness of the podcast market required.
- Excellent verbal communication and PowerPoint skills.
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.