As Associate Director, Artist Development you will play a key role in helping AWAL artists bring their musical and creative dreams to life. Working in close collaboration with A&R and other key AWAL creative and commercial teams, you will be the main contact and champion for a roster of early-stage artists and build creative and strategic marketing plans and content strategies that focus on telling artists’ stories while also supporting the operational elements of their releases. This is a thrilling opportunity to help build artists’ careers from the ground up.
Please note: the AWAL team is open to hiring this role in LA or NY.
What you'll do:
- Build close relationships with artists and their teams while managing multiple active campaigns simultaneously.
- Collaborate with internal AWAL teams such as A&R, Global Commercial Partnerships, Sync, Brands, Radio, Creative, International, and Audience Development to build innovative marketing campaigns, creative tools, and set measurable goals that drive cultural impact, critical acclaim, and deliver tangible commercial results.
- Provide direct operational support to artist teams by setting up digital and physical releases and troubleshooting data, statement, and royalty questions.
- Craft and share compelling marketing updates including artist proposition docs, release strategy updates, project pitch info, and data analysis.
- Strategize and implement digital marketing and audience development plans including content marketing, advertising, influencer campaigns,, and social media best practices.
- Maintain and build a network of external partners such as publicists, agents, content creators, and marketing agencies that you hire and directly manage on campaigns.
- Monitor and analyze campaign performance through internal and third party data tools in order to derive learnings and apply those to your campaigns.
- Manage and administer marketing campaign budgets.
Who you are:
- 5+ years experience in a marketing or product manager role at a music company with a successful track record working with artists across multiple genres including Pop, Hip Hop, R&B, and Alternative.
- You love music and are passionate about AWAL’s mission to partner with independent artists to tell stories that shape culture.
- You embrace creativity, aim high and push boundaries while maintaining impeccable attention to detail.
- You have an excellent knowledge of the current music landscape - from bubbling artists to social trends, the latest DSP features and fandom behaviors - with a hunger to experiment.
- An excellent communicator and enthusiastic collaborator who works well with team members, external partners, and senior management.
- You are hungry to learn and grow. You are a curious self-starter that likes to ask questions and gets excited about new projects. You seek out and embrace opportunities to invest in your professional and personal development.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple tasks and priorities while delivering timely results.
- No task is too big or too small. You take a hands-on approach to developing campaigns and maintain accountability for your project’s overall success.
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey.
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork.
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching.
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans.
- We invest in your professional growth & development.
- Time off for a winter recess.
- The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $80k to $90k. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.