Sony Music Entertainment is looking for an experienced strategic Associate Director or Director (depending on experience), PX Business Partner to join the People eXperience Team (PXT), formerly known as Human Resources. The PXT creates and executes on a people strategy that drives business success. This people strategy guides how we attract, on-board, develop, motivate, excite, challenge, reward and retain employees.
As a PX Business Partner you will contribute at both hands-on and strategic levels to cultivate an innovative, progressive, and diverse culture practices across the employee lifecycle. Reporting to VP, People Experience and working closely with the Product, Design and Engineering Business Unit leadership group. This role will be a Flex First role (in-office and working remotely).
What you'll do:
Get ready to roll up your sleeves to execute a full range of PX duties from high level strategy to program design to problem solving. This can only be accomplished if you are a trusted advisor to employees, managers, and individual contributors, helping to build engaged, diverse, inclusive, and high-performing teams.
- Understand the business need and provide a point of view, position, and thoughtful solutions to business and people challenges and opportunities.
- Coach and consult on topics such as people management, performance improvement, career development, company policies/practices, diversity, equity and inclusion, and compensation policy/practice.
- Protect and promote a diverse, healthy, thriving culture by understanding local, national and corporate requirements or regulations and harmonizing with internal and external cultural dynamics. Recognize and embrace differences in divisional cultures and cultural connectors and adapt approach as necessary.
- Drive adoption and understanding of the PX(HR) programs and policies and be an ambassador for diversity, equity, inclusion, and the future of a more flexible, human workplace
- Build a practice of using data to guide decision making and optimize organizational health
- Provide transformational advice on areas including change management initiatives, organizational, departmental restructures, and job role design, to improve efficiency, clarify accountabilities and support delivery of an exceptional employee experience.
- Have an acute focus on how individuals enter, move up, across or out of the organization working with policies, practices and structure that shape how the organization works. This means true collaboration with PX colleagues including Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, and Learning and Development.
- Lead the annual compensation process for business unit, serving as key PX resource for business leaders
- Manage day-to-day and more complicated employee relations issues in consultation with PX People Relations and in-house legal counsel.
- Communicate regularly with employees, advising routinely on employee policies, performance improvement, and career development.
- Partner with business leadership on the identification of top talent and support creation of effective and high impact development and succession plans to engage and retain talent.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition team to create first class recruiting experiences for future SME talent in both early and experienced career journeys
- Work closely with management and employees to develop a progressive, healthy culture, engagement and working environment in which all folks can thrive.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of industry, cultural trends and competitive landscape to provide holistic perspective and consultation.
- Have a general understanding of how the business works. Stay current on industry challenges, changes and practices to provide timely and relevant support, guidance, and solutions to your assigned business unit(s).
- Actively participate in, and at times, take the lead on various Sony Music PX initiatives and special projects contributing to the People Experience for the entire SME organization.
Who you are:
- Broad knowledge of human resources best practices (including talent management, compensation practices, organizational design, employee relations, and performance management) typically gained through 8+ years of experience in an operational or business partner human resources role
- Experience in a large, complex/matrixed organization preferred; ideally in a creative industry (music, television, entertainment, etc.)
- Intellectually curious; with a strong general business and HR acumen
- Agile thinker with the ability to be highly creative, innovative and future oriented as it relates to People solutions.
- Demonstrates empathy and experience to drive and amplify diversity, equity & inclusion strategies into accountable action.
- Familiarity with federal and state employment laws, as well as HR Systems and reporting tools.
- Proven success in a role that required outstanding communication skills with ability to document, support, communicate, and present recommendation and conclusions
- Proven experience in a role that required strict confidentiality, outstanding organizational skills, and ability to maintain composure and effectiveness in stressful situations
- Highly impactful at connecting, engaging, influencing and partnering with senior leadership, employees, internal and external partners at all levels
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Communications, Psychology, or related field preferred
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to be flexible, maintain a positive outlook, and have a sense of humor!
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey.
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork.
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching.
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans.
- We invest in your professional growth & development.
- Time off for a winter recess.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.