About Sony Music Entertainment
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
As a College Marketing Rep, you should be an enthusiastic, outgoing individual with a goal to pursue opportunities that will help you develop professional skills and prepare you for a career within the entertainment industry. You will gain valuable marketing experience while learning about the music business and getting your foot in the door at one of the world’s leading entertainment companies. You will use your various skillsets to assist in bringing marketing campaigns to life under the direction of the Sony Music U Management team while being exposed and nurtured to pursue careers across various functions and departments.
Sony Music U plays an essential role in the development and roll out of Sony Music's emerging and established artists. Our College Marketing Representatives organizes listening events, creates social media content, executes marketing activations, interacts closely with campus groups and liaise with record stores and lifestyle shops to help our artists reach fans. As a College Marketing Rep you will be asked to oversee hyper-local marketing initiatives while also using your social influence as a platform for new, digital marketing initiatives. There is an expectation that digital/social initiative will live on the approved social pages you manage on a semi-permanent basis.
- Generate excitement for Sony artists, partners and other company initiatives
- Create/design graphics that drive awareness to the SMU brand on social media
- Promote Sony artists and projects via your personal social media accounts
- Maintain and represent a positive image of the SMU brand at all times
- Provide feedback and ideas on artists and/or projects on a regular basis
- Maintain timely communication with our New York-based management team and participate in departmental conference calls
- Attend shows and project-related events on behalf of Sony Music
- You must be currently enrolled as a full-time college student at Howard University
- You have high engagement and a strong social following across your social media accounts
- You must commit to utilizing your social media to assist in the marketing of Sony Music artists
- You are looking to pursue a career in the entertainment industry
- You are knowledgeable, passionate and have an interest discovering new music across all genres
- You are organized, disciplined and ready to be an advocate for SME
What we give you:
- An opportunity to fuel the creative journey on a global stage
- An investment in your learning & development
- Support to grow ideas
- A team to develop you to better understand how to utilize your social presence
- Winter recess (Christmas through New Year’s)
- Endless resources to best prepare you for your professional career
For more information about Sony Music U, feel free to check us out.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.