As Associate Director, Insights & Reporting you will lead the commercial analysis on key releases and major artists by utilizing data to influence strategic decision-making working with executives. Your role will be the primary streaming and social data expert responsible for evaluating track, album and artist performance, informing release strategies, assessing the performance of sales and digital marketing campaigns, drawing insights from market, competitor, partner and consumer research, developing new reports, dashboards and methodologies.
What you'll do:
- Evaluate the performance of priority tracks, albums and artists by digging into detailed consumer reaction data, social insights, charts, audience, and streaming data to inform the executive level decision making for all The Orchard repertoire.
- Assess the performance of sales and marketing campaigns to understand what is and isn’t working and make adjustments accordingly to ensure the best results for our artists and releases.
- Utilize internal and external business intelligence and data analytics tools to create new reports, dashboards, analysis and methods for evaluating new releases, understanding artist audiences and uncovering actionable sales and digital marketing insights.
- Perform deep dive research to understand the latest trends across the music industry, competitors, digital streaming partners, social media platforms, and consumer behavior to inform decision making, raise the overall data knowledge at The Orchard and stay ahead of the competition.
- Serve as the primary insights and data expert on major releases and priority artists for The Orchard, understanding data sources and systems to ensure data integrity and report accuracy, working with technology teams to resolve technical data issues and implement enhancements to data systems.
Who you are:
- 5 years of experience working with data within the music industry.
- Advanced knowledge of all primary MS Office software and advanced Excel skills.
- Expert with SQL and other programming languages and business intelligence tools such as Tableau, Alteryx and Looker.
- Passionate about music and the industry..
- You are a thought leader with the ability to evolve the way The Orchard utilizes data on release performance to make decisions.
- You have the communication and leadership skills to influence strategic conversations with senior leaders.
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey.
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork.
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching.
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans.
- We invest in your professional growth & development.
- Time off for a winter recess.
The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $105,000 to $125,000. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.