The Director, US Retail Sales position is responsible for driving sales of licensed merchandise to the major apparel retailers in the US market. The overarching priorities of this dynamic role are revenue growth, opening new retail accounts, deepening relationships with existing accounts, and expanding product category reach. Additional priorities include development of best-in-class sales tools, liaising with production teams on product development, sourcing & delivery, and informing creative direction through intimate knowledge of upcoming retail trends.
An exciting component of this role is developing and driving retail go to market strategies for some of the world’s most successful music artists.
The Director of Retail Sales will report to the SR VP of Global Commercial Affairs and work closely with the central commercial teams to ensure impactful results and exceptional client service.
What you'll do:
- Affect volume sales with US retail outlets.
- Example retailers include Hot Topic, Spencer’s, Target, F21, Fashion Nova, PacSun, Rue 21, Urban Outfitters, and others.
- Business development – open new retail accounts and expand product lines.
- Create compelling sales tools and retail product lines.
- Develop artist retail sales go to market and growth strategies.
- Manage and meet financial targets.
Who you are:
- Have deep and long-standing relationships with senior licensed apparel buyers at Target, Hot Topic, Spencer’s, F21, Fashion Nova, PacSun, Rue 21, and Urban Outfitters, amongst others.
- 6+ years of experience in and a deep understanding of the retail sales business for licensed apparel and accessories.
- Experience managing the wholesale process of apparel to global retailers.
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey.
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork.
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching.
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans.
- We invest in your professional growth & development.
- Time off for a winter recess.
- The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $110k to $130k. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.