Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Those Labels located in New York City under the Sony Music Entertainment umbrella include: Columbia Records, Epic Records, Legacy Recordings, RCA Records, SONY Masterworks, Sony Nashville and Sony Latin.
The Analytics Representative position is a great way to learn about the music business, gain marketing experience, and get your foot in the door of one of the world’s leading entertainment companies.
As a member of the Insights & Reporting team, the Analytics Representative is responsible for generating audience insights for Sony Music spanning its robust + diverse roster of artists and labels. The representative will work closely with various labels and divisions within Sony Music to develop presentations around audience behaviors, social media buzz, content engagement + demographics across Sony’s roster of artists. The representative will also analyze campaign performance and suggest new opportunities for Sony artists through analyzing various sources of data.
This is a paid part-time position in New York City, requiring a minimum of 20 hours per week.
What you'll do:
- Use many social media tools such as Brandwatch, CrowdTangle, Canvs, Tubular + others to drive insights and suggestions for Sony artists.
- Leverage a range of internal + 3rd party research & digital analytics tools to understand audiences + consumer behavior among fans of various genres + Sony artists.
- Generate custom insights from analyzing various data sources to tell a holistic story about the artist’s fan-base + how to effectively reach them. Suggest marketing/sales opportunities and new product ideas.
- Stay on top of new social media tools/platforms and mobile apps and then suggest ways Sony Music can use them for artist campaigns.
Who you are:
- Currently enrolled as either an undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited program. Must have at least 1 year left of academic program (preferably two years).
- Strong work ethic, knowledge and passion for music
- Interest in research, social media, analytics and the music industry
- Excellent Powerpoint, Word and Excel skills
- Display creativity in problem-solving and idea generation
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey.
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork.
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- We invest in your professional growth & development.
- Time off for a winter recess.
The anticipated base salary per hour for this position is $15. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.