Reporting to the VP, International Label Management, the Senior Director, Asian Music Specialist position will be based out of The Orchard New York City headquarters focusing on the global development of key international labels and releases of the Asia region.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as NYC-based stakeholder for repertoire originating from the Asian region as well as maintain high level relationships with label and artist partners across these territories. This includes attending regular meetings with internal and external teams, potential for international travel, and ability to bring together strategy bridging opportunities for priorities across global offices.
- Oversee a team of direct reports focused on Asia content management who will be responsible for executing the day to day tasks of new release campaigns. You must ensure the teams have access to all the tools and resources required in order to carry out the work as well as guidance in complex campaign management.
- Compile comprehensive release plans among various internal and external stakeholders. Plans require formal business plans, presentations, budget management, and brainstorming sessions both internally and externally as needed.
- Seek opportunities engaging with internal and external offerings to enhance our value proposition where appropriate.
- Utilize analytic tools to frequently observe priority release performance to help guide decisions and pre and post release planning.
- Take part in upper management and stakeholder meetings to provide high level updates around release campaigns, strategy and needs.
- Drive collaboration opportunities with Sony frontline labels to support repertoire when necessary.
- Guide internal process between Asia, the U.S. and global offices to ensure teams are working efficiently.
Who You Are:
- A highly organized professional that pays close attention to the details with the ability to multi-task and prioritize to tight deadlines.
- You are experienced in Microsoft Office Suite & Google Workspace Applications and are adaptable to new programs.
- A clear and effective communicator and enthusiastic collaborator who works well with team members, external partners and senior management.
- You have good knowledge of the Asia digital space, including music retail, analytics and social media, with an ability to adapt to a constantly changing landscape.
- You are able to adapt quickly to a changing environment with minimal disruption while being a team player.
- You are passionate about the music business and have a desire to build a career in the industry.
- English and Korean language skills required, articulate and clear in written and verbal communication across both.
What We Give You:
- An opportunity to influence music on a global stage.
- A modern, diverse and creative work environment.
- An investment in your learning & development.
- A comprehensive and attractive benefits package including healthcare coverage, life insurance, generous leave policies, 401K + employer matching, Winter recess (Christmas through New Year’s), voluntary benefits, industry-leading mental health and fertility coverage, family resources and education financial assistance.
- The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $120,000 to $150,000. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job
About The Orchard
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in 45 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.