Sony Music’s innovative and growing Merchandising Company Ceremony of Roses is looking for a Merchandise Designer who thrives in a creative environment in the music merchandising business. The ideal candidate has a passion for both music and fashion and wants to contribute to building creative lines of merchandise at different price points and categories for our wide range of clients. The Designer role will support our Senior Design and Creative Directors to help bring ideas, trends and designs to life for our artists.
What you'll do:
- Research and create mood boards & trend boards.
- Strategize and execute merchandise concepts for various music artists within the tour, Ecomm and retail distribution channels.
- Thoroughly research client's history and current events prior to starting each project to provide accurate and insightful design direction.
- Develop design and sketches in our graphic software and systems.
- Review all projects thoroughly to ensure all aspects of each brief have been addressed and that all artwork is either original or have been cleared for use.
- Create production ready tech packs in timely and detailed manner including specific color, techniques and sizing.
- Assess requests, track progress and follow art direction given.
Who you are:
- Ensure timely delivery of all assignments at the highest level of quality.
- Create and uphold brand design style guides.
- Needs to work well both independently and with a team with excellent follow through and self-initiative.
- Minimum of 3-5 years design experience, specifically in the fashion or music industry.
- Proficiency in Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
What we give you:
- An opportunity to fuel the creative journey on a global stage.
- A modern, diverse and innovative work environment, with offices that include collaboration areas, cafeterias, event spaces, and more.
- An investment in your learning & development.
- A comprehensive and attractive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching.
- Voluntary benefits (like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets), mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully-paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully-paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans.
- Winter recess (Christmas through New Year's).
- The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $70k to $85k. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.