The Orchard is hiring a Vice President, Sync Licensing to join our Los Angeles office.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive The Orchard’s strategy to obtain and execute sync licensing deals for frontline and catalog content and supervise our sync team to ensure annual revenue targets are met
- Manage outreach to music supervisors and key stakeholders at potential advertising agency, brand, and film & TV clients and creatively identify sync opportunities
- Oversee pitching of sync opportunities to potential and current clients and negotiate / close sync licensing deals
- Establish, develop, and maintain relationships with client base to secure long-term and scaled sync partnerships
- Collaborate with internal Marketing, Label Management, and International teams to pinpoint opportunities around new releases and ensure sync placements align with artist / label objectives
- Facilitate tracking and reporting of sync placement and catalog data for internal and client stakeholders
- Organize and execute artist / label showcases, events, and meetings to further engage client base
- Closely monitor trends in the sync licensing ecosystem and capitalize on creative new revenue opportunities and entertainment mediums as they emerge
- Work alongside internal departments and artist / label teams to supervise clearance and financial processing of sync placements
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of experience in the music industry with 7+ years in sync licensing, including a strong track record of pitching and closing sync deals
- You have an extensive network of music supervision contacts across advertising agencies, brands, and film & TV organizations with a desire to proactively build new relationships
- You have experience evaluating and negotiating sync deals with clients and scaling long-term partnerships over time
- You are highly knowledgeable about music licensing and copyright
- You possess strong time-management and organizational skills with the ability to independently manage multiple projects and workstreams simultaneously
- You are a skilled manager with experience leading a team
- You are exceptional at managing interpersonal relationships with internal and external stakeholders while being an effective verbal and written communicator
- You are detail-oriented and can thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven work environment
- You are passionate about all genres of music and constantly evaluating new trends in the ever-changing music landscape
- You are willing to travel and organize / host events to enhance client relationships
- You have proficiency with computer software including the Microsoft Office suite, Salesforce, DISCO, and music analytics solutions
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
What We Give You
- An opportunity to influence music on a global stage
- A modern, diverse and creative work environment, with offices that include collaboration areas, event spaces, and more
- An investment in your learning & development
- A comprehensive and attractive benefits package including healthcare coverage, life insurance, generous leave policies, 401K + employer matching, Winter recess (Christmas through New Year’s), voluntary benefits, industry-leading mental health and fertility coverage, family resources and education financial assistance
- The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $145k-$165k. This does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job
About The Orchard
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in 45 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.