As an Analyst, you will be part of a dynamic and enthusiastic team, based in New York. You will be responsible for assisting the department in performing financial budgeting, forecasting, reporting, and analysis functions integral to supporting the business operations of Columbia Records Group.
What you'll do:
- Update financial reporting models in a timely manner during the month-end close process, including the maintenance of related Excel financial models.
- Research/review artist recording agreements for recoupable marketing terms. Analysis aimed at verifying the posting of marketing charges to artist royalty accounts.
- Conduct SAP general ledger activity research in analyzing account balance and transaction detail and preparing journal entries as needed.
- Assist with the development, maintenance, and management of daily reporting, analytics, and dashboards that provide actionable insights into the business.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly financial reporting and presentations that highlight performance versus forecast/business plan for the department and senior executive personnel.
- Develop and maintain queries to retrieve financial data from proprietary label financial systems (SAP, IP, SAMIS, and Soundscan). And maintain reports and datasets for revenue and marketing expense analysis.
- Deliver ad-hoc analysis to support the needs of the business.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Generally, a minimum 1-2 years of business experience in accounting or financial analysis role.
- Ideal candidate may be a CPA or working towards certification or interested in pursuing an MBA in the future.
- A multi-tasker with an entrepreneurial mindset; that is personable, dependable, and a team player.
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey.
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork.
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching.
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans.
- We invest in your professional growth & development.
- Time off for a winter recess.
The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $58,500 to $65,000. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.