In this role you will place the world’s most iconic recorded music catalog into commercials and represent Sony Music SyncShop Ads & Brands sync licensing team as its West Coast representative. You will leverage your relationships with ad agencies, brand executives and music supervisors to land creative song placements and successfully negotiate and execute sync licensing deals, delivering revenue and marketing efforts for our artists. This is a unique opportunity to influence how music reaches listeners around the world.
What you'll do:
- Effectively negotiate and execute advertising and brand related sync licensing deals for Sony Music’s repertoire (including both frontline and catalog repertoire).
- Pitch Sony Music’s roster of talent to advertising agencies, brand executives, and music supervisors, and act as liaison and account manager for these clients.
- Attend internal label meetings, and liaise with product managers on marketing initiatives, goals, etc.
- Organize and host artist meetings, events and showcases.
- Create, develop and maintain relationships with creative executives at advertising agencies, brands and music supervisors, as well as with our artists and their representatives.
Who you are:
- You have 5-7 years of relevant music licensing experience – most likely at a record label, music publisher, ad agency, production music library, music supervision / clearance company.
- You have a solid work ethic with a willingness to attend after-hour events, host clients, and occasionally travel.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills with a pre-existing network of contacts within music and advertising industries and energy to proactively create new ones.
- The ability to use those skills effectively with internal and external parties in evaluating and closing deals.
- You have communication and time management skills required to work on multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently.
- You are a detail oriented and organized person with a high desire to achieve and succeed in a results-driven, fast-paced environment in a constantly evolving business.
- In-depth understanding of music licensing, copyright, and ad agency business practices. Strong proficiency in computer software applications including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, iTunes.
- You are hungry to learn and grow. You are curious, ask questions and get excited about new projects.
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
- The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $85k to $95k. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.