The Orchard is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Finance team.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in the month end close process by preparing various journal entries in SAP for domestic and foreign entities, maintain various balance sheet reconciliations and schedules and analyze account movements.
- Analyze monthly financial results for several entities / business units and investigate significant and unusual activities.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial schedules for group reporting.
- Participate in integration projects by understanding current processes and controls. Assist in evaluating the design and implementation of new processes and controls.
- Assist with cash functions, accounts payable and T&E tasks.
- Work with external and internal auditors on local statutory audits, company group audits, business process audits, SOX compliance reviews, etc.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects including system integrations and implementations, etc.
Who You Are:
- BS in Accounting with 3+ years of accounting experience. CPA is a plus.
- Strong Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, vlookups, etc.).
- Experience with SAP, BPC, and Looker is a plus.
- Must be detail oriented with an ability to work independently, self-starter, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Must be a team player and motivated and proactive to learn and do.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What We Give You:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
- The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $70k to $100k. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job
About The Orchard
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in 45 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.