As Director, Label Analytics, you will lead the RCA label analytics team in utilizing data to influence strategic decision making working with executives at the highest level of the RCA Records. Your role will be the primary streaming and social data expert responsible for evaluating track, album and artist performance, informing release strategies, assessing the performance of sales and digital marketing campaigns, drawing insights from market, competitor, partner and consumer research, developing new reports, dashboards and methodologies, and overseeing the data needs of the label. This is a unique opportunity to lead the data journey at one of the most storied major labels that represents some of the most important artists today.
What you'll do:
- Serve as a thought leader evolving the way data is utilized to make strategic decisions at the highest levels within the RCA label.
- Evaluate the performance of tracks, albums and artists by digging into detailed consumer reaction data, social insights, charts, audience, and streaming data to inform the executive level decision making for all RCA repertoire.
- Utilize internal and external business intelligence and data analytics tools to create new reports, dashboards, analysis and methods for evaluating new releases, understanding artist audiences and uncovering actionable sales and digital marketing insights.
- Perform deep dive research to understand the latest trends across the music industry, competitors, digital streaming partners, social media platforms, and consumer behavior to inform decision making, raise the overall data knowledge at the label and stay ahead of the competition.
- Serve as the primary data expert for the label, understanding data sources and systems to ensure data integrity and report accuracy, working with technology teams to resolve technical data issues and implement enhancements to data systems, and championing data education across the label.
Who you are:
- 7+ years of experience working with data within the music industry.
- Advanced knowledge of all primary MS Office software and advanced Excel skills.
- Expert with SQL and other programming languages and business intelligence tools such as Tableau and Alteryx.
- Passionate about music and the industry.
- You are a thought leader with the ability to evolve the way the label utilizes data to make decisions.
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey.
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork.
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching.
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans.
- We invest in your professional growth & development.
- Time off for a winter recess.
The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $135k to $165k. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.