AWAL has revolutionized the recording business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do and transforming the way artists release music. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a comprehensive global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to achieve success while maintaining ownership of their masters. The leading artists who have already chosen AWAL include Dayglow, Little Simz, Young the Giant, THEY., mxmtoon, Lizzy McAlpine, Jungle, Tom Misch and many more.
AWAL is currently over 150 people based across 10 offices and we’re continuing to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the best addition to our successful team.
- Oversee AWAL brand strategy and social media strategy
- Manage all AWAL digital properties (including all social platforms, website & blog)
- Work directly with artists and internal teams to produce creative digital content and AWAL branded events & activations
WHAT WOULD YOU DO AS A MANAGER, SOCIAL MEDIA & BRAND MARKETING?
- Responsible for crafting and maintaining our brand tone of voice
- Brainstorm and implement new AWAL-branded content series, optimized for each channel
- Oversee social media content calendars and work with the design team to support social campaigns
- Post and schedule content across multiple platforms
- Use analytics tools to create social performance reports and collate data that will inform our social strategy
- Stay on top of emerging social & industry trends
- Continuously think of ways to make our social content fun, playful & engaging
- Work directly with artists and internal teams to produce interview, docu-style and other creative promotional assets
- Work with our internal teams to compile and promote key artist/songwriter projects, company achievements, awards and press coverage
- Assist in media/partner outreach on behalf of the AWAL brand and its executives; produce brand advertisements
- Conceptualize & execute AWAL branded events & activations at industry conferences
WHO YOU ARE:
- You’ll live and breathe AWAL, crafting high quality content plans to bring our brand to life on social media & beyond
- Passionate storyteller with the ability to communicate creatively and manage project collaborators, a strong eye for aesthetics
- A demonstrated track record of creating and executing effective marketing campaigns, with demonstrable ROI
- Hyper-knowledgeable about music and internet culture, expert user of social media with a passion for all platforms
- A self starter, and can think on your feet, excited to grow your career in this industry
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Strong team player with excellent people skills
- Understanding of social media analytics & strategy
- Knowledge of SproutSocial or other social CMS
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; Copywriting
- Ability to communicate creatively & submit content briefs
- Basic Photoshop or video editing a plus (ie. cropping a photo, making a music video cutdown)
- Interviewing skills for artist/employee/brand initiatives
- Knowledge of Google Docs, Keynote, Google Drive
Qualifications: 3+ years of experience at a label, agency, management company or similar environment
AWAL is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.