As Executive Assistant to the CEO/Chairman of Columbia Records, you will work in a fast-paced environment for a progressive, forward-thinking, creative executive overseeing all aspects of a record label. You need to be detail-oriented and extremely organized while interacting with all levels of employees within the organization as well as artists, management teams, and various external clients.
You will play a vital role in ensuring our executive is always up to date and organized, and will provide support, as needed, to ensure projects move forward expeditiously. You will act as hub for his direct reports and team members ensuring team communication and calendars are in sync.
A strong passion for music is required.
This position is based in NYC at the Sony HQ.
What you'll do:
- Act as an all-around gatekeeper and strategically manage Executive’s time with respect to priorities, goals, and objectives.
- Act as a fast and efficient conduit between Executive team, staff, artists, and external clients.
- Manage executive’s calendar, schedule internal and external meetings (both in-person and virtual), and handle all travel & expense processing
- Assist executive with any necessary meeting preparation and when requested, join executive in meetings to take notes and follow up with responsible parties to ensure tasks are completed as agreed upon
- Maintain executive’s call list and keep track of various "To-Dos”, keeping executive on track with daily schedule
- Maintain strong working knowledge of artist roster, employees, and important external contacts
- Compile, manage and keep track of all music (demos, roughs, mixes, etc.) in Box or other appropriate systems.
- Oversee database of artist management and booking contacts.
- Attend NY concerts/shows to ensure label and marketing partner needs are met in a professional manner.
- Opportunity to assist with special projects.
Who you are:
- 4+ years of significant assistant experience either supporting an executive or in a personal assistant capacity
- Experience in the music industry is strongly preferred
- You have a history of thriving in a fast-paced environment and possess an upbeat “can-do” attitude
- You are an exceptional communicator and enthusiastic collaborator (this role will act as an -intermediary between Executive and staff, artists, and other high-profile figures)
- You have great knowledge of both the NYC & LA area and stay current with local hot spots/restaurants
- Able to handle confidential information with a high level of professionalism and discretion.
- You like to be in the mix and thrive in a hyper creative space (inclusive of but not limited to A&R, Marketing, Digital, Streaming, operations, and Music Industry at large)
- You are highly organized and understand juggling priorities, are timely with follow up and handle tasks with appropriate levels or urgency
- Flexibility outside of “regular” business hours
- Proactive, flexible and a strong decision making ability
- You have a deep understanding of the digital space and are in tune with social media and entertainment culture
- You adapt quickly to a changing environment with minimal disruption;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office & knowledge of MAC computer software; various music industry applications
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.