The Associate Director, A&R Administration for Ultra Records reports to the Senior Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs and works closely with the A&R Department, Accounts Payable, Finance, Release Planning, Royalties, Copyright, JV Accounting, and artist representatives in handling all "non-creative" aspects of the recording process. This position also includes, but is not limited to, the following:
What you'll do:
- Administering and managing recording budgets for the Ultra dance and electronic roster.
- Work with A&R to create recording budgets and obtain approvals of budgets.
- Prepare forecasts in tandem with the Finance department.
- Set up recording projects in Console and approve recoupment terms.
- Drafting and negotiating producer declarations, remix agreements, musician and vocalist grant forms.
- Processing contractual payments to artists, producers, remixers, and sample licensors, confirming that delivery requirements have been met in each instance.
- Approving costs including recording, mixing, and mastering sessions, travel.
- Arranging travel for artists for recording sessions.
- Setting up vendors to make payment and collecting proper tax documents.
- Issuing purchase orders to vendors, obtaining requisite approvals, and processing invoices.
- Preparing and/or reviewing AFM and SAG-AFTRA contracts for all participants on a given release.
- Collecting, reviewing, and routing project label copy, ensuring that all clearances are received in advance of song/LP release.
- Acting as point person in having songs reviewed and cleared for samples.
- Liaising with Royalties to confirm that all questions are answered in preparation for quarterly statement rendering.
- Working with the artist attorneys to provide the royalties department with complete and accurate information about royalty rates and cost recoupment terms in advance of release (includes making sure that letters of direction are obtained and sufficient for effective implementation).
- Maintain a schedule of all third parties involved with each release with royalty rates (and royalty rate estimates to accrue if final paperwork is not received).
- Request royalty accounts for artist projects and all third-party accounts for each project.
- Assist with artist statement review.
- Collecting proper source documentation for foreign vendors so that AP can deduct accurate withholding taxes.
- Assist artists and management with obtaining access to and the training of the artist royalty portal/real-time royalty system for statement access and cash-out purposes.
- Track contractual options for each artist contract.
- Ad hoc projects and financial analyses as requested.
Who you are:
- College Degree (Business/Finance Related Fields).
- Min of 3 years of previous A&R Admin experience.
- Prior work experience in accounting or finance is a plus. Must be highly proficient in Excel and possess strong analytical and data modeling skills.
- Solid communication, organizational, communication, and follow up skills.
- Able to work independently, multitask, and manage evolving priorities on the fly.
- Must be able to interact well with all internal and external contacts, and form positive and productive working relationships.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Detail-oriented, incredibly organized, timely and accurate.
- Deadline-conscious and driven.
- Ability to read and understand recording agreements.
- Experience filling out union paperwork is a huge plus.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.