As a Director, Privacy, Business & Legal Affairs, you will provide legal support with a primary focus on privacy and compliance. This role will report to the Executive Vice President, Deputy General Counsel.
What you'll do:
- Support Deputy General Counsel on day-to-day management of Sony Music’s Global Privacy Program.
- Set, enforce, and communicate internal policies and procedures relating to privacy issues and data collection/processing/use/retention.
- Lead on reviewing new products and services to ensure compliance with data protection laws and company policies.
- Review, draft, and negotiate privacy-related agreements with third party vendors, digital service providers, and entertainment partners.
- Liaise with transactional attorneys and information security team on transactions and acquisitions involving privacy matters.
- Coordinate with Sony Music counsel worldwide and other Sony operating companies on privacy matters.
Who you are:
- Law Degree required
- 5 years of related experience
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to work with others within group and across divisions
- Strong negotiation skills and work ethic
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills, emotional intelligence, good judgment, and intellectual curiosity
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted advisor relationships with internal clients, together with commitment to provide the highest quality internal client support
- Member of New York Bar in good standing
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.