As Manager, Contract Administration, you will play a critical role in the performance and success of the department. You understand the balance of managing a high-volume work environment while still maintaining pride of workmanship as a representative of Sony Music Entertainment. You will have the opportunity to make key contributions to a central and valued group within the company.
What you'll do:
- Draft, negotiate and revise (as needed) record label sync licenses for all genres of media and assist in the administration thereof (e.g. invoicing, submitting licenses for countersignature via eSign)
- Assist in the drafting and negotiating of long-form templates and blanket license agreements with Sony Music Entertainment’s licensees.
Provide assistance and guidance to all licensing employees in Sync Shop by answering questions about licensing language, policies, procedures, etc.
- Participate in department discussions regarding best practices, license template language and policies in order to enable drafting consistency
- Participate in ongoing discussions with IT and royalties regarding contracts database enhancements/issues, and invoicing procedures
- Generate licensing reports for SyncShop and various other departments, artists and/or artists’ representatives
- Respond to SAG-AFTRA and AFM inquiries, provide courtesy label copy as needed
- Supervise/train junior colleagues
Who you are:
- At least 5 years related contract knowledge/experience, preferably in connection with master licensing Paralegal preferred
College degree required
- Strong verbal and written skills necessary, strong comprehension, handles constructive criticism
- Diplomacy when dealing with clients/internal colleagues, organizational skill/attention to detail
Strong interest to achieve
- Must be able to manage high volume, fast paced work environment; results-oriented; team player
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.