As the Senior Director, Data Science you will shape how Sony Music utilizes Data Science to inform decisions throughout the company and ensure the benefits are accessible to all areas of the company and the artists. As a global internal expert on leveraging advanced analysis methods to optimize current business priorities, you will develop a strategic roadmap for all data science activities. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to: fueling the predictive elements of internal tools/digital products, leading the development and execution of data analyses to support business decisions, establishing analysis best practices in statistical methods/data mining/modeling techniques, designing complex algorithms and statistical predictive models. This role is based at Sony Music’s offices in New York and reports to the SVP, Data Science & Analytics.
What you'll do:
- Quickly develop extensive expertise and proactively uncover trends using advanced data science methods that will lead to actionable strategies
- Develop and test statistical and predictive models to be incorporated in tools used throughout the company and artist community
- Build strong relationships and lines of communication with key internal stakeholders at all levels, including repertoire owners (e.g., label marketing, label sales), local and regional offices, analytics/data/product teams, and senior management, to ensure we are delivering analyses that are cutting edge and relevant
- Mentor and train 2-3 direct reports who will help ideate and execute data science projects and manage 3rd party resources brought on for one-off projects
- Process and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Implement processes and standardizations to existing data analysis methods
- Ongoing research on innovations in the data science industry to continuously grow and develop the SME data science function
Who you are:
- Proactive go-getter who can flourish in a fast-paced environment by identifying opportunities, creatively coming up with plans to maximize them, and driving through to completion
- You are genuinely passionate about the music industry and growth of the digital music sector
- You have the ability to communicate technical ideas to non-technical audiences both verbally and visually and can effectively present to and influence people at all levels
- You can work autonomously and are a self-starter
- You preferably bring 10+ years of experience in data science and a Master’s degree in a related field (PhD is a plus)
- You ideally have music or entertainment experience
- You have leadership experience and love building teams
- You are proficient in: Data Mining, Machine Learning, Python/R, Spark, SQL, Predictive Analytics, Data Visualization, Statistics, Data Engineering, Cloud Computing.
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.