As Manager Global Business Development & Digital Strategy, you will strive to be ahead of the curve and shape how customers connect with the music they love, by executing content distribution partnerships with a broad range of business partners, from the largest global companies to emerging startups.
You will have regular opportunities to have a big impact. Within weeks, you will be exposed to digital distribution deal structures and strategies. Initially, you will support senior members of the team in negotiations, which will include analyzing deal performance, coordinating with internal stakeholders, and making recommendations for deal terms. You are expected to shortly develop, lead, and execute your own deals directly with SME’s external partners, operating independently but collaboratively with other members of the team.
This is a rare opportunity to join a fast-growing major music label in exciting times and a team of negotiators and analysts who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We embrace diversity, equal opportunity and progress in everything we do.
What you'll do:
Directly manage and support on digital content licensing negotiations that align interests among sophisticated business organizations, with a particular focus on innovative start-ups and services.
Regularly track and benchmark deals performance, and creatively help partners evolve through the changes in the digital music landscape. Prepare internal communication, analysis and financial modelling to ensure effective information flow, informed decision-making, and sharing of best practices.
Make recommendations regarding new products, licensing opportunities and business models that will deliver new or enhanced revenue streams for SME and SME artists, and advise management thoroughly and concisely.
Serve as point of contact, source of guidance and support resource for global, regional and local digital teams for a selection of distribution partners and markets.
Work collaboratively with a team of negotiators and dedicated business analysts as well as colleagues across multiple functional areas of the business. Build relationships and enhance the overall organization’s culture, diversity and performance.
Who you are:
- Undergraduate degree required. MBA from a top-tier program desirable but not required
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience working in digital media, top-tier management consulting firm, investment bank or related capacity
- Strong negotiating skills, with great attention to detail and a keen eye for data
- Excellent problem-solving, combined with great analytical and numeracy skills, creativity and efficiency
- Great verbal and written communications skills combined with interpersonal skills working across multiple cultures
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.