The Coordinator will handle day-to-day operational and administrative needs of the Sync Marketing department. You will be a key, trusted member of the team whose work will help ensure the department is performing at the highest level possible.
What you'll do:
- Upload and tag new releases into multiple audio and asset libraries
- Request any missing assets from A&R Admin
- Confirm metadata is accurate
- Enter deal terms into Sony proprietary licensing system (GOLD)
- Send licenses to the contract team via GOLD with final, confirmed terms
- Create and update various internal and external marketing materials on a weekly basis including but limited to New Music blasts, one-sheets and pitch decks
- Oversee maintenance of accurate records and department files including but not limited to sample and side artist splits, publishing information, artist approval contacts and exclusivity notices
- Seek approval and perform clearance duties for select projects/clients including music-intensive MFN television shows, film festivals, documentaries, non-profits, etc
- Perform regular follow-up on pending deals and licensing requests; track launch/airdates for upcoming releases across all media
- Research and track various productions including but not limited to TV shows, Films, Video Games, Ads, etc.
- Maintain and update department client list
- Schedule occasional meetings for the department
Who you are:
- 1-2 years of relevant experience ideally at a record label, music publisher, studio, ad agency, sync agency, music supervisor, production company
- Genuine passion and excitement to work in the intersection of music and visual media
- General excitement to work with Epic roster of artists to help their music reach the right audiences through visual media
- General understanding of current visual media i.e. current and upcoming shows, films, etc
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, communication, time management and problem solving skills
- Ability to follow thru and follow up on tasks as necessary
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and focus while working in a fluid and fast-paced environment
- Ability to anticipate needs of team and problems before they arise
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive can-do attitude while working with multiple departments and external contacts
- Ability to make sound decisions, sometimes very quickly, to solve any issues that may arise
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Canva
- Experience with DISCO a huge plus
- Willingness to take direction while also working independently
- The use of discretion and the maintenance of high levels of confidentiality is required
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.