Ceremony of Roses (COR) is a merchandising company based out of Los Angeles, California. Founded in 2017 by partner Brad Scoffern, COR sets itself apart from traditional merchandising by offering clients an elevated and specialized branding experience. In 2022, Ceremony of Roses became a part of the Sony Music Entertainment.
About the Role
The Director of Accounts position is accountable for delivering exceptional client service and revenue results across COR’s entire roster. This role’s main duties are to manage and lead the account management team, ensuring that the highest level of service is consistently provided to our clients and that their problems are met with solutions.
This role includes the coordination, management and strategic development of key accounts, as well as leading and managing the accounts team on a day-to-day basis. In addition to managing strategic client relationships, the Director of Accounts will be responsible for training and managing junior employees, and to develop scalable frameworks that allow COR to rapidly scale.
This is a leadership role that will report directly to the CBO and will be directly accountable for the account team’s performance and meeting overall business targets.
What You Will Do:
- Coach, manage, and mentor a team of account managers responsible for growing and maintaining COR’s relationships with its entire client roster
- Lead account planning and forecasting process; accountable for delivering and exceeding pre-defined revenue targets
- Establish team workflow systems & project management protocols
- Develop & present account plans, budget forecasts, and creative strategy ideas to key internal & external stakeholders.
- Support senior leadership in the development of the company’s strategic direction and growth plan
- Supervise end-to-end client management process ensuring team is effectively managing relationships and delivering best-in-class results. Specific team functions include:
- Working closely with client and art team to develop exciting, cutting edge and responsible products.
- Working closely with operations and logistics managers to ensure responsible development, production, delivery and fulfillment of products.
- Drive in-person and online sales events and opportunities.
- Liaise with business management and accounting departments
What We Are Looking For:
- 10 years’ experience in merchandising, talent-backed consumer ventures, or apparel brand management; Minimum of 5 years’ experience in people management.
- Proven track record of successfully managing demanding client relationships and delivering results against aggressive growth targets
- Strategic thinker who can see the big picture as well as the small details required to win. Motivated to develop systems and processes that can improve performance and scale results.
- Dynamic problem solver with an expert-level understanding of relevant business practices and track-record of efficiently resolving client issues
- Excellent communicator with the ability to prepare and confidently present business plans, strategic insights, and difficult news to internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in an apparel production environment, including an ability to effectively communicate with factories and manage production process with XFN partners.
- First-hand tour or merchandise sale experience, as well as experience in advancing merchandise and partnering with venues and venue staff.
- Familiarity with D2C strategies, including a basic understanding of Shopify platform
- Strong experience with MicroSoft Office Suite
- Proven experience in a role that required strict confidentiality, outstanding organizational skills, and ability to maintain composure and effectiveness in stressful situations
- Ability to travel as needed
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.