The Label Copy Coordinator in Sony Music’s catalog division will be responsible for researching and creating metadata for new products spanning multiple genres (Pop, Hip Hop & Rap, Rock, Jazz) and the entry and maintenance of data in Sony’s proprietary label copy system, GRPS. You will be directly involved with setting up new video and audio catalog products as well as maintaining our deep archive of tracks, albums and long form video products. The Release Planning team coordinates metadata and release information with many Sony departments including A&R, Marketing, Content, Business Affairs and Copyright, as well as with outside producers and specialists.
What you'll do:
- Coordinate the research of information from multiple sources and responsible for insuring the information is accurate and flows to all downstream systems.
- Reviewing data to insure all digital partner style guides are met.
- Supporting the Release Planning team with research and data updates for the company’s catalog.
- Maintain complex systems and communicate data issues.
- Involvement in special projects as needed.
Who you are:
- You have an outstanding attention to detail and organization.
- You have strong research skills and can track information for a high volume of releases.
- You are an independent worker and can follow through on projects independently.
- You are a good communicator and are a team player.
- You are interested in the operational side of the business.
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.