This position is responsible for performing financial analysis, reporting, budgeting, and forecasting functions integral to supporting the business operations of the RCA Records label.
What you'll do:
- Monthly review of artist “talent” study which tracks gross recoupable costs and earnings recoupment. Calculate and book recoupable advance provisions and recoveries each month during the month-end close period.
- Review and analysis of monthly financial results, researching general ledger activity, preparing journal entries, analyzing accounts, balance sheet/cash flow analysis, corporate reporting, etc., as assigned.
- Preparation of pro-forma artist release P&L’s and breakeven unit analysis, as requested for option analysis, min/max fund calculations and other artist budget approval decisions.
- Participation in preparation of the annual business plan and monthly P&L forecasts, particularly including the recording cost area, including gross spending forecasts as well as recoupment and write-off calculations. Work closely with the A&R group on gross recording cost budget and forecasting.
- Tracking and analysis of artist “360” (non-trad) income, and reporting to the EVP of Business Affairs and the BA team on such activity.
- Deal analysis support to the VP of Finance including artist catalog earnings trends and projections.
- Preparation of consolidating financial analyses and reports for the RCA Records label and for SME Global Finance submissions (including quarterly audit related submissions on artist balances and weekly cash flow forecasts (cash flows driven by artist recording and advances spending).
- Sales, marketing, talent and overhead analysis and preparation of financial schedules in connection with periodic senior management business review meetings and year-end audits.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Finance or Accounting.
- Working knowledge of GAAP, financial reporting preferred.
- Ideal candidate may be a CPA or working towards certification.
- Generally, minimum of 2-3 years business experience in accounting or financial analysis role, (entertainment/music industry experience a plus.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook.)
- Experience with SAP business software preferred.
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication, and intrapersonal skills.
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.