The Associate Director, Catalog Marketing – Provident Label Group & RCA Inspiration will be responsible for leading, activating and communicating catalog marketing campaigns for PLG/RCAI’s rich and diverse roster of artists. From Casting Crowns and Kirk Franklin to Zach Williams and Vertical Worship, the PLG/RCAI catalog is incredibly current, deep, relevant and ready for dynamic campaigns in order to drive incremental revenue and increase fan engagement.
What you'll do:
- Partner & collaborate closely with marketing & sales staff at PLG/RCAI, the catalog team at CMG/Legacy and artists/management to develop and execute robust marketing campaigns for the catalog of on and off-roster artists.
- Drive incremental catalog revenue of PLG/RCAI artist catalogs through the development of marketing campaigns centered around dynamic artist content, robust advertising campaigns, artist channel visibility & optimization and earned digital partnerships.
- Act as the conduit/advocate/liaison between the broader catalog team and PLG/RCAI to ensure extensive campaign support across cross-functional departments.
- Manage reporting, marketing budgets and analytics to measure effectiveness of campaigns and make informed recommendations.
- Work alongside the PLG/RCAI and catalog sales teams to maximize account support around tentpole moments.
- Test, assess and update best practices to maximize consumption, artist integrity and fan engagement.
- Identify new opportunities to reach audiences through new technology, strategic partnerships, digital advertising, etc.
Who you are:
- At least five years of relevant and progressive experience in the music industry – preferably in faith based record labels, artist management, product management, digital sales and/or marketing.
- Proven track record of marketing effectiveness, artist and management relationship building and entrepreneurial thinking.
- Prior experience and fluency in music streaming, including broad understanding of account base and streaming best practices.
- Strong understanding of and passion for faith-based music and its associated genres, social content strategies, artist mindset, aesthetics and tone.
- Expertise in digital advertising strategy, media planning and data analytics.
- Exceptional communicator which includes influencing, listening and advocating.
- Collaborative nature with experience in managing a wide spectrum of personalities across colleagues, labels, managers and artists.
- Intuitive understanding of streaming reporting tools and the ability to develop reporting based on consumption metrics.
- Strong working knowledge of the music industry, and a passionate commitment to music and artists.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, communication, and time management skills as well as the ability to prioritize, multitask, and focus while working under stressful and demanding timelines.
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
This position requires the use of the CLEAR Health Pass App to access the office and off-site work events. While COVID vaccination is highly encouraged, vaccination is not required for employees based out of our Tennessee offices, although COVID-19 testing may be required. Please do not include proof of vaccination or any other indication of vaccination status when submitting your application materials. If applicable, at the time of a candidate’s onboarding experience, the Company will follow up directly to share the company standards around using the CLEAR Health Pass App and provide instructions for safely entering our TN offices. Please note, employees are required to be fully vaccinated to enter our offices in New York, Los Angeles, and Miami. An employee will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine).
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.