The Senior Analyst, Podcasts is responsible for generating strategic insights through social, digital and consumer research tools, as well as internal transactional data, to ensure the consumer perspective is kept top of mind across Sony Music’s new podcast business. The Senior Analyst will generate data-driven recommendations for Sony Music’s podcast teams & JVs, ultimately translating the actionable insights into presentation format. The candidate will be part of Sony Music’s podcast team in New York City and will report into the Associate Director, Insights & Reporting.
What you'll do:
- Provide + automate timely reports on performance, charting, + engagement metrics for SME’s growing slate of podcast titles to inform real-time decision making
- Respond to a large volume of podcast-related research requests across creative/content development, marketing, subscriptions, ad sales, business development + brand partnerships, leveraging full suite of analytical tools
- Generate actionable recommendations across marketing, subscriptions, advertising, partnerships, and content development, ensuring the voice of the consumer is always heard.
- Generate analyses across multiple data sources to help refine existing slate & show marketing, as well as evaluate future content ideas, subscription offerings and podcast hosts
- Utilize mobile and social tools to provide analyses on relevant digital behaviors & emerging trends impacting the podcast space
Who you are:
- You have 3+ years experience in consumer/marketing research, social media measurement advertising planning, audience measurement or related field.
- You know how to tell a compelling story from data in a clear + concise manner – orally, in writing, and in presentations.
- You are an effective communicator, with excellent verbal + written communication skills
- You’re also savvy with various software programs + tools, such as Excel, PowerPoint, SPSS, social analytics platforms, video content or crosstab tools to interpret survey data.
- You have great organizational skills + are comfortable handling multiple projects simultaneously with efficiency & speed, working well under tight deadlines.
- Possess a strong knowledge and passion for podcasts is a must. Prior experience in podcast roles preferred
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.