This individual will provide administrative support to the CEO’s office of Columbia Records. This individual will work closely with the Executive Assistant for the CEO’s office and will help support the office through a variety of administrative tasks. Overall, the qualified candidate must be able to work in a high paced, fluid environment while maintaining a strong attention to detail with an eagerness to help the office run as smoothly as possible.
What you'll do:
- Provide administrative support to the CEO’s office – including but not limited to preparing expense reports in a timely, accurate and efficient manner; arranging travel; managing internal/ external correspondence and answering phones as needed for the office.
- Build and maintain strong relationships across all levels of the company as well as with external partners and management.
- Pull industry charts and weekly/ daily reporting in tandem with the Data/ Analytics team using a variety of tools including Music Connect & others
- Order and maintain music product and office supplies for the team.
- Conduct internal and external research as requested.
- Assist in presentations, pitches and the coordination and preparation of meetings as needed.
Who you are:
- At least 1-2 years of prior administrative experience required.
- Previous music experience such as internships within the music industry is strongly preferred.
- Strong interest in A&R and A&R research
- Working knowledge of the music business and entertainment industry is a must.
- Time management, attention to detail, and organizational skills are of the utmost importance
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and duties on a daily basis without getting overwhelmed.
- Proficiency in Computer skills (Outlook, MS Word, Excel, Adobe Photoshop is a plus)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to adapt well to constant change and follow through on all duties
- Calm, positive, confident, and professional demeanor
- Must be available to work overtime as required and to attend occasional evening showcases/events
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.