The position is primarily responsible for ensuring the proper valuation of inventory, blocked invoice review, purchase order maintenance, vendor pricing maintenance and audit support. In addition, the cost accountant is responsible for both balance sheet and P&L account analysis for selected inventory accounts.
What you'll do:
- Ensure correct inventory valuation
- Perform activities related to month and year-end closings
- Address purchase order and invoice issues
- Develop and prepare schedules for audits
- Maintain vendor pricing matrices
- Monitor integrity of sub-ledger data and connection to the general ledger
- Participate in projects and perform ad hoc analyses as assigned
Who you are:
- You will have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- You can manage large amounts of data using your strong MS Excel and MS Access skills
- Having a working knowledge of SAP FI and SAP MM is a plus
- An excellent communicator and enthusiastic collaborator who works well with team members, internal and external partners
- You are responsible and accountable for everything you do and take pride in everything we achieve together
- A highly organized person that pays close attention to the details
- You are thorough and thoughtful in your approach to problem solving
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.