The Associate Director, Partner Forecasting & Reporting is a key position in Sony Music Entertainment’s Global Digital Business Group and is responsible for providing insights at the global level regarding the performance of Sony Music’s top digital accounts (such as Spotify, Apple, Amazon, Google). This role will focus on reporting digital partner results and forecasts to be utilized by Account Managers and Senior Management, and creating compelling global analyses to help drive sales, market share, and partner relationships for Sony Music. This role will develop a deep understanding of our KPIs and performance drivers and use this knowledge to share insights through dashboards and visualizations with Senior Management and companywide.
What you'll do:
- Digital Partner Forecasting: Understand, own, and manage multiple digital partner revenue forecasting models - identifying trends in the data and overall digital landscape to increase accuracy and robustness of models. Work closely with account leads to ensure models reflect the most up to date information.
- Data Insights: Use data analytics tools to create compelling new reports, dashboards, and visualizations to be used by stakeholders across SME. Influence internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization to act based on insights generated to seize business opportunities.
- Global Reporting & Analysis: Responsible for generating, distributing, and presenting key reports each month to international teams, Global Digital Business Group and reviewing with senior management.
- Reporting Automation Project: Assist in ongoing project to transition from legacy reporting infrastructure to a fully automated process making full use of dashboards and visualizations in Power BI / Tableau.
- Data Analysis: Conduct deep dive and ad hoc analysis on monthly financial data and provide support to the partner development team, business development team, finance team and other stakeholders in GDB group on ad-hoc projects on topics such as market share, subscriber growth, frontline/catalog, engagement and other KPIs.
- Account Strategy: Establish strong relationships with internal teams to gain a deep understanding of our digital partners, deal terms, account strategies and objectives.
- Data / Systems: Understand data sources and systems to ensure data integrity and report accuracy. Utilize internal data systems and analytics tools synthesize data into custom insights. Collaborate with IT to resolve technical issues and implement enhancements/automation to sales reporting systems.
Who you are:
- 6+ years minimum post University experience in sales analysis, reporting and/or finance
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with an ability to identify trends in large datasets, display creativity in problem solving, and generate new ideas
- Advanced knowledge of all primary MS Office software and advanced Excel skills. Required experience with business intelligence / data analytics tools such as Power BI, SQL, Alteryx, Tableau
- Highly organized team player who is detail oriented and able to thrive in fast paced environment, manage multiple tasks at once and work to deadlines. Excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively report findings and influence change within the organization
- Interest in the music industry trends related to streaming, digital sales, business models, and competitive landscape, with a passion for music and desire to build a career in the industry
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.