At Sony Music Entertainment, we are passionate about helping our artists succeed in an industry that sees constant change and opportunity for innovation.
As Director/Senior Director, Global Business Development & Digital Strategy, you will strive to be ahead of the curve and shape how customers connect with the music they love, by executing content distribution partnerships with a broad range of business partners, from the largest global companies to emerging startups.
This is a senior, multi-faceted role that will be expected to have a big impact and inspire junior team members.
On day one, you should be able to articulate digital distribution deal structures and strategies, evaluate deal performance and options, present strategic recommendations to senior management, and start taking a leading role in negotiations with Sony Music’s commercial partners, while closely collaborating with teams across the company and the globe.
You will join a team of data-savvy negotiators who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We embrace diversity, equal opportunity and progress in everything we do.
What you'll do:
- Negotiate and manage digital content licensing deals that align interests among sophisticated business organizations, including major global media and technology companies from day one.
- Regularly track and benchmark deals performance, and creatively help new and existing partners evolve through the changes in the digital music landscape. Coordinate internal communication, analysis and financial modelling to ensure effective information flow, informed decision-making, and sharing of best practices.
- Make strategic recommendations regarding business opportunities that will deliver new or enhanced revenue streams for Sony Music and Sony Music’s artists, and advise management thoroughly and concisely.
- Serve as a point of contact, source of guidance and support resource for Sony Music’s regional and local digital teams across the globe, as well as for other divisions of Sony Group. Operate as an internal expert to advise on digital content licensing and business development opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with a team of negotiators and dedicated business analysts as well as colleagues across multiple functional areas of the business. Build relationships and enhance the overall organization’s culture, diversity and performance.
Who you are:
- A minimum of 3-5 years (Director) or 5-7 years (Senior Director) experience working in content licensing and strategic partnerships with music, media, entertainment or technology companies; international experience is a plus.
- An excellent negotiator with strong business acumen, strategic thinking, attention to detail, and data-driven decision-making.
- You are thorough and thoughtful in your approach to problem solving, with outstanding analytical skills, creativity and efficiency.
- You use communication and presentation skills to engage, inspire and influence, working across multiple cultures.
- You are passionate about music and technology.
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.