The VP, Financial Reporting will supervise the day-to-day activities of the Orchard’s Global Finance and Accounting teams, based in NY, London, Oslo and Germany.
What You'll Do:
- Management of the month end close process for the Orchard and its subsidiaries, including full ownership of the income statement and balance sheet accounts and adherence to all documented SOX procedures
- Complete all monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting requirements to SME Global finance, including identifying and investigating variances in financials to business plan and forecast, and analyzing trends as part of routine review of financials
- Work together with Sony Music’s Global Finance and Accounting teams to ensure compliance with SME’s accounting guidelines
- Work closely with Sony’s Global Tax group to ensure global tax compliance, including implementation of transfer pricing policies, Withholding tax compliance, local VAT reporting, inter-company agreements, etc.
- Business partner to Orchard’s Legal/BA team to ensure correct accounting treatment applied to all Orchard agreements
- Support in preparation of the Orchard’s annual business plan
- Supervise and prepare information requested by SME’s external auditors for all in scope financial accounts
- Work closely with The Orchard’s technology team in analyzing technology spend vs. business plan and forecast
- Help prepare outputs of financial information for management review
- Support Orchard’s international finance teams in completion of local statutory reporting requirements
- Lead the accounting integration and monitoring of newly acquired subsidiaries and new business initiatives as well as supporting other ad hoc projects
- Collaborate with SME International Finance teams on joint Orchard / SME initiatives
Who You Are:
- Minimum 10 years of business experience in financial analysis or accounting roles
- People management experience a must
- Experienced in accounting for multiple entities, consolidation, and inter-company transactions
- Entertainment / music industry experience a plus, with an interest in music being ideal
- Experience in a digital finance area appreciated
- Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in Finance, Accounting, or relevant field. CPA required
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, PowerPoint, etc)
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Track record of analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to productively work in team settings, including being receptive, open minded and objective when encountering diverse points of view
- Must set high standards of performance for oneself, strive for distinction in all tasks and exhibit sense of pride in work product
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate externally with partners and internally with stakeholders across all departments
- Strong people management and motivation skills
- Well organized, detail oriented with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while managing multiple concurrent tasks.
What We Give You:
- An opportunity to influence music on a global stage
- A modern, diverse and creative work environment, with offices that include collaboration areas, cafeterias, event spaces, and more
- An investment in your learning & development
- A comprehensive and attractive benefits package including healthcare coverage, life insurance, generous leave policies, 401K + employer matching, Winter recess (Christmas through New Year’s), voluntary benefits, industry-leading mental health and fertility coverage, family resources and education financial assistance
About The Orchard
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in 45 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.