As a Financial Analyst, you will be part of a dynamic and enthusiastic team. You will be responsible for assisting the department in performing financial budgeting, forecasting, reporting, and analysis functions integral to supporting the business operations of Epic Records.
What you'll do:
- Assist in preparation of month-end and year-end close activities including but not limited to journal entries, partner share calculations, review of variable cost calculations, etc.
- Update physical and digital sales forecast which includes:
- Tracking release planning changes
- International sales projections
- Loading of sales forecast into IP/BPC/SAMIS
- Assist with Marketing Controls
- Budget input
- PO Review and Approvals
- Processing of invoices
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports comprised of worldwide sales and marketing for all domestic and international priority album releases
- Assist with monthly flash reporting and variance explanations
- Assist in preparation of annual budget and monthly P&L forecasts
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Assist with T&E reporting tracking actual spend vs. budget
What you'll do:
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- Generally, minimum 0-3 years of business experience in financial analysis or accounting role
- Ideal candidate has a working knowledge of GAAP, financial reporting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- SAP/Business Objects /BPC/IP experience preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work well in a collaborative, team oriented environment
- Rigorous attention to detail and excellent time management skills
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.