As our Sr. Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for performing financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting, and analysis functions integral to supporting the business operations of Commercial Music Group (CMG) with a focus on Sony Music's catalog division, Legacy Recordings. You will be uniquely positioned to collaborate with CMG’s operational teams as well as Sony Music’s label teams to deliver best in class product and services to our artists.
What you’ll do:
- Preparation and maintenance of pro-forma artist release P&L’s and breakeven analysis through cross-departmental communication and collaboration to compile relevant information such as sales estimates, artist royalty, publishing rates, and per unit manufacturing costs
- Act as lead liaison for min/max calculation and evaluation of project marketing budgets and talent advances
- Develop and maintain queries to retrieve and visualize financial data from various internal financial systems
- Co-create and maintain financial models necessary for review and analysis of artist, project, and monthly financial results including, but not limited to: on-going marketing campaigns, newly released artist projects, researching general ledger activity, physical sales forecast models, analyzing digital sales and Film/TV licensing reports, and Top Artists reporting
- Identify process improvement opportunities and assist with development and implementation of crafting a workflow to build intelligence around performance-based reporting and profit impact assessment
- Ad hoc special projects and analyses for label and corporate senior management, including deal analysis due diligence research, historical projectization and financial label code verification, and Power Point presentations of financial results, forecast and plan data
- Provide support related to the creation, processing, and admin of Marketing and Recording Budgets
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Analytics with minimum 2 years of business experience in a financial analysis, analytics, or accounting role. Previous entertainment/music or related industry experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Royalty Accounting and visualization business intelligence tools (Tableau, Power BI, SQL, Alteryx, etc.) a strong plus
- Highly skilled in MS Excel (modeling, advanced functions, pivot tables, etc.) and proficient in other Microsoft Office suite applications
- Proactive, resourceful, creative thinker that is detail oriented and demonstrates strong analytical skills
- Comfortable working independently and self-learning, and possess confidence asking questions and sharing unique insights, ideas, and perspectives
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously, stay organized, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines and achieve effective results in a fast-paced environment
- Curiosity; willingness to think creatively and excel on a project that may not always have a template
- Excel in working with and communicating well with cross-functional teams
- Must be "forward looking" in your approach
What we give you:
- An opportunity to fuel the creative journey on a global stage
- A modern, diverse and innovative work environment, with offices that include collaboration areas, cafeterias, event spaces, and more.
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An investment in your learning & development
- A comprehensive and attractive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits (like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets), mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully-paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully-paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.