As an Executive Assistant to the EVP, Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer at Sony Music Group, you will ultimately help create a welcoming environment for all internal and external stakeholders for Sony Music. The individual in this role will support the advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives across Sony Music Group’s global recorded music, publishing, and corporate groups.
What you'll do:
- Manages and maintains daily schedule for EVP and Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer, including compiling daily calendar reports and weekly schedule previews.
- Provides technical support including but not limited to; scheduling meetings and room reservations, ordering catering for company-sponsored events, and creating reports and spreadsheets to track departmental and company DE&I data.
- Receives and refers Office of DE&I telephone calls and operates as a liaison between the executive and internal staff, artists/artist managers, attorneys, additional business partners, external regional, national, and international DE&I partners.
- Provides administrative support to the team including but not limited to; writing letters, preparing responses to correspondence, and creating meeting agendas and maintaining meeting minutes.
- Oversees the maintenance of office physical and digital files in shared drive/database. Adds, deletes and updates information as needed or requested to maintain consistent and organized file storage.
- Manages event planning and travel arrangements for EVP & CDI&O.
- Maintains/orders office supply inventory and distributes mail for the Executive.
- Prioritizes the office workload and works collaboratively with internal business partners to meet assigned deadlines.
- Co-manages invoice management and annual budget tracking and forecasting for Office of DE&I.
- Spearheads vendor management process for internal and external SMG DE&I vendors.
- Assists with special projects by serving as the project manager, setting goals, monitoring progress, staying within budget and meeting assigned deliverables.
- Prepare presentation templates for Office of DE&I, in alignment with Sony Music brand.
- Collaborates with other staff as well as other offices throughout the Sony Corporation.
Who you are:
- 7+ years of substantial Executive Assistant experience supporting a C-suite executive.
- Passionate about diversity, equity & inclusion and building community
- Demonstrable experience of enhancing diversity and inclusion within organizations
- Proactive, flexible, and responsive to the needs of the team and Executive.
- Awareness of diversity, equity and inclusion matters in music and the creative industries.
- Ability to evaluate and analyze DE&I data, develop reports and spreadsheets.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, detail orientation and demonstrated organizational, project management, and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of office software (Google Apps, Microsoft Office, Excel, Google Suite, Zoom, Adobe Suite, Concur, additional organizational software).
- Ability to work with a diverse and dynamic group of teammates.
- Excellent in-person and phone customer service skills and ability to maintain focus in a busy office environment.
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.