The Senior Royalty Analyst will be a key contributor to the day-to-day operations within Royalties and will be involved in all aspects of artist royalties, managing and delivering accurate and timely royalty statements, performing reviews, analysis and reconciliations, managing and prioritizing clearing of suspense items, responding to internal and external inquiries, contract interpretation, coding and special projects.
What you'll do:
Royalty Statement Review:
- Prepare the appropriate accounting statements as contractually required,
- Review sales and costs to ensure they are accurately stated.
- Update and analyze unrecouped balance analysis at account level.
- Prepare and research variance-reporting analysis to understand fluctuations with balances and payments.
- Review/analyze/process statement adjustments related to earnings, out of cycle payments, and balance transfers.
- Coordinate the statement review with the appropriate affiliate personal.
Sales & Suspense Management:
- Review the new release schedule and work with the affiliate personal to ensure new releases are coded within the appropriate timeframe.
- Run sales query and reviewing results with Manager.
- Prepare and review suspense reports and provide reports to affiliate on a weekly basis.
Inquiries & Special Projects:
- Serve as Point of Contact for various internal and external inquiries related to assigned accounts.
- Provide Manager with status reports regarding the assigned artist accounts.
- Provide guidance to the entry-level staff members including providing an overview of tools available to assist in the completion of the assigned tasks.
- Assist in process design improvements focused on enhancing quality while reducing resource requirements.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance with at least (2-4) years of related work experience
- Strong proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook; SAP, EROS, and JIRA experience a plus
- Detail oriented individual with strong organizational and leadership skills that can handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to analyze and review information from several different sources (corporate systems)
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.