The Senior Analyst, Insights & Reporting is responsible for generating strategic insights through social, digital and consumer research tools as well as internal transactional data. The Senior Analyst will generate data-driven insights for Sony artists across labels in visually engaging presentation format. The Senior Analyst cross-utilizes quantitative and qualitative research sources to respond with accuracy and urgency to a large volume and wide variety of quick-turnaround ad hoc research requests
What you'll do:
- Respond to a large volume of standard and custom internal Sony Music research requests by utilizing data from social listening tools, internal digital/streaming audience data, media tracking tools, proprietary survey tools and syndicated research
- Co-create, implement and analyze insights to tell a holistic story about an artist’s fan-base + how to reach them using a range of disparate internal & external data sources
- Consolidate findings and recommendations into presentations for product managers, label marketing/commerce teams and other internal Sony teams.
- Impact artist campaigns & cross-label industry activations by pro-actively identifying relevant consumer trends spanning lifestyle/culture, media consumption and advertising.
- Utilize various youth trends research and digital tracking tools to provide analyses on social, mobile + digital behaviors, as well as emerging consumer trends impacting the industry
Who you are:
- You have 3+ years experience in consumer/marketing research, social media measurement advertising planning, audience measurement or related field.
- You know how to tell a compelling story from data in a clear + concise manner – orally, in writing, and in presentations.
- You have a strong understanding of both qualitative and quantitative research techniques – both in terms of design + interpretation/analysis.
- You are an effective communicator, with excellent verbal + written communication skills
- You’re also savvy with various software programs + tools, such as Excel, PowerPoint, SPSS, social analytics platforms or crosstab tools to interpret survey data.
- You have great organizational skills + are comfortable handling multiple projects simultaneously with efficiency & speed, working well under tight deadlines.
- Passionate about music + possess a strong knowledge of all bands/artists across a breadth of genres.
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
Time off for a winter recess
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.