Reporting to the Senior Vice President, People Experience (PX) Americas, this position is a key member of the People Experience (PX) team, providing support to all SME business units. This role will provide thought leadership on workplace practices and policies that support our desired culture and provide key support in creating programs that ensure a respectful workplace necessary to optimize performance, wellbeing and promote an inclusive and safe environment across SME. This role will partner collaboratively with SME’s People Experience (Human Resources), Business & Legal Affairs (“Legal”), Compliance, Diversity Equity & Inclusion (“DE&I”), Learning & Development (“L&D”) and other teams as required to ensure consistency, compliance, and high-quality service delivery from the People Relations team to further enhance SME’s employee experience.
What you'll do:
- Partner with various teams (PX Business Partners, Legal and Compliance) on issues relating to employee relations matters.
- Partner with Legal and Compliance in conducting confidential internal investigations of various workplace claims and provide guidance on outcomes and communication.
- Partner with Legal and Compliance in refining and implementing investigation protocols, including tracking and documenting.
- Develop, revise, and advise on implementing company policies and processes consistent with changes in laws and regulations, best practices, DE&I and company culture.
- Advise and lead on accommodation requests across the company.
- Provide guidance to PX Business Partners on coaching employees, disciplinary actions, and performance management.
- Develop and shape inclusive, intersectional people relations policies and practices.
- Advise on industry trends and developments with employee relations.
- Recommend communication tools for informing new policies and procedures to employees.
- Partner with L&D to design, develop, and deliver ongoing (employee) people relations- and policy-related training to the PX community and managers.
- Support and guide the development and implementation of employee relations strategy across Americas.
- Partner with Legal on oversight and management of EEO/AAP processes.
- Participate in and/or lead special projects as required.
- Provide support on RFIs and RFPs for consultants/vendors in the area of People
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in education and experience.
- Advanced degree in Human Resources or related field, and/or JD (a plus).
- At least 8 years of progressive responsibilities in Human Resources positions, particularly in employee relations, labor relations and performance management areas.
- Strong knowledge of employment law, compliance, and conducting sensitive investigations.
- Ability to think strategically and translate concepts into actionable items.
- Must possess consultative style and approach with proven ability to develop credible relationships while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
- Comfortable working in ambiguous business situations and advising accordingly – developing creative solutions.
- Proven ability to influence decision making; courage to make tough decisions and deliver difficult messages.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Exercise a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy in interactions with all levels of the organization.
- Strong experience and demonstrated skills in handling a variety of employee relations matters.
- Excellent follow-through skills and the ability to anticipate and address business needs proactively.
- Possess a strong work ethic; self-motivated with a desire to take initiative and look for ways to improve processes and create efficiencies.
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.