As VP, Podcast Ad Sales, you will play an instrumental role in driving revenue for our global podcast division.
You will act as a team leader, strategic thinker and executor to drive advertising across our global roster of shows. This is a unique opportunity to influence the trajectory of our podcast division.
What you'll do:
- Actively manage team of sellers, assigning and managing targets for them. You will forecast and report sales performance, including budget, dates, and probability to close
- You will build and maintain relationships with brands, agencies and ad-sales partners, and you will guide the monetization process, from prospecting and account strategies to ensuring ads are sold and inventory is optimized
- Collaborate with content partners and producers to lead proper execution of campaigns and insure alignment with customers + Inform producers and Sony Music labels of ad-sales performance on individual podcasts and identify opportunities to improve monetization
- Negotiate deal costs and terms to close advertising buys that results in a win for everybody
- You will play a key role in educating the market and creating messaging around the benefits of advertising on Sony Music podcasts
- Create and adapt monetization strategies that align with the rapidly evolving marketplace
Who you are:
- At least 5 to 10 years of experience in digital ad sales, including programmatic, direct, and branded/sponsored content
- Proficiency with the entire sales cycle, ie prospecting; meeting and engaging; developing proposals and pitching
- Excellent understanding of agency dynamics, how they operate and how/what campaign buying and planning entails
- Substantial contacts at top interactive agencies/brand advertisers (including media, operations, analytics) and have a strong knowledge of accounts, planning teams and planning cycles
- Must have prior experience managing a sales team
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.