Somethin’ Else and Sony Music Entertainment are industry leaders in producing premium, high quality podcasts that audiences love. Somethin’ Else is Sony’s in-house podcast team with offices in New York, LA and London. We are looking for an Executive Producer of Entertainment Programming to oversee the growth of that team and development of a range of new shows in New York.
‘Entertainment’ is a broad title for a reason. We want to be making a broad range of podcasts in the US office from quiz to comedy, from chat to studio based. You can think of ‘entertainment’ shows as everything other than narrative shows.
The responsibilities for this position listed below will be required to be in person and work at our 25 Madison Avenue office in New York
What you'll do:
- Initiate and lead on all entertainment podcasts
- Identify shows, series and creative treatments for consideration for the green light process
- Work with the VP, US Podcasts to oversee the development of all entertainment podcasts
- Line manage the entertainment team members & freelancers working on the team
- Act as story editor across shows/series, providing feedback on shows, scripts and sound design
- Work with the VP, US Podcasts to put together the ideal production team (producers, APs, engineer, etc.) to make the shows
- Work with the production management team and producers to put together budgets and production calendars for all entertainment podcasts, helping to ensure proper tracking of show budgets and production timelines
Who you are:
- Someone with 7+ years experience producing and overseeing entertainment content production (ideally with some of those years in podcast production)
- A person who loves taking the seed of an idea, developing and polishing it and teasing out the best bits to make it absolutely excellent.
- A leader who enjoys working with a team of diverse creatives, helping them to grow, develop and be their best selves
- You are an excellent communicator and enthusiastic collaborator who can work with a range of personalities and partners.
- You have a deep understanding of the podcasting landscape
- You are excellent at understanding and articulating writing for creative concepts and have the ability to autonomously own projects from start to finish.
- Ability to travel as/when needed.
- Cover letter is required for your application.
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.