The Director, Catalog Marketing – Epic Records will be responsible for leading, activating and communicating catalog marketing campaigns around Epic’s frontline artists to drive incremental streaming consumption and increase fan engagement.
What you'll do:
- Partner & collaborate closely with marketing & sales staff at Epic as well as artist management to develop and execute digital marketing strategies and campaigns for the catalog of on and off-cycle frontline artists.
- Influence incremental catalog streaming consumption of frontline artist’s catalog through the development of marketing campaigns centered around dynamic artist content, robust advertising campaigns, artist channel visibility & optimization and earned digital partnerships.
- Collaborate with Epic as well as the catalog marketing and content teams on the development of creative marketing concepts and the creation of dynamic, engaging content that lives on and beyond social media platforms.
- Act as the conduit/advocate/liaison between the broader catalog team and Epic to ensure extensive campaign support across multi-functional departments.
- Manage reporting, marketing budgets and analytics to measure effectiveness of campaigns and make informed recommendations.
- Work alongside the Epic and catalog sales teams to maximize account support around tentpole moments.
- Test, assess and update best practices to maximize consumption, artist integrity and fan engagement.
- Identify new opportunities to reach audiences through new technology, strategic partnerships, digital advertising, etc.
Who you are:
- At least five years of relevant and progressive experience in the music industry – preferably in artist management, product management, digital sales and/or marketing.
- Proven track record of marketing effectiveness, artist and management relationship building and entrepreneurial thinking.
- Prior experience and fluency in music streaming, including broad understanding of account base and streaming best practices.
- Strong understanding of and passion for Hip-Hop and R&B and its associated social content strategies, artist mindset, aesthetics and tone.
- Expertise in digital advertising strategy, media planning and data analytics.
- Exceptional communicator which includes influencing, listening and advocating.
- Collaborative nature with experience in managing a wide spectrum of personalities across colleagues, labels, managers and artists.
- Intuitive understanding of streaming reporting tools and the ability to develop reporting based on consumption metrics.
- Strong working knowledge of the music industry, and a passionate commitment to music and artists.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, communication, and time management skills as well as the ability to prioritize, multitask, and focus while working under stressful and demanding timelines.
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
Time off for a winter recess
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.