As a Director, Finance, you will play a key role in managing and coordinating budgeting, forecasting and fiscal reporting activities for the business unit. Your role will play a critical part in keeping executive management updated on the financial performance of the division and delivering on corporate finance reporting requirements. You will inspire and guide junior staff as you take on oversight responsibility for the creation and review of consolidated budget, forecasts, financial models and related analyses around revenues, variable and fixed costs, joint venture and new business activity. This opportunity will allow you to further grow and develop your financial and managerial skills, while drawing upon over seven decades of collective experience among the senior leaders of the Finance team.
What you'll do:
- Budgeting & Forecasting – own the budgeting and forecasting processes and manage the creation of consolidated budget, forecasts and financial reports in partnership with other departments. You will manage team members in research, development and maintenance of systematic revenue and cost of sales forecasting models as business unit needs evolve.
- Monthly Management – steer the monthly analysis of actual/forecasted financial results against the budget/prior forecast. Review and evaluate all related supporting schedules for accuracy, completeness, and presentation; Manage the process of compilation and production of monthly executive management reporting packages.
- Accounting & Finance – manage and coordinate fiscal reporting activities for divisional P&L, balance sheet and cash flow reports. Implement and direct ongoing process for monitoring business unit financial performance versus key indicators. Serve as a key liaison with Global Finance, internal and external auditors
- Financial Analytics – develop and deliver ad hoc analyses whereby results address current business challenges and answer questions regarding future financial scenarios. Your goal would be to draw conclusions that will help shape strategy through fact based insights. You will have day to day oversight responsibility for select product pricing and margin analysis.
- Systems and Processes – collaborate in shaping department policies, procedures, and best practices building reporting tools, administering internal controls and risk management procedures, evaluating and implementing new financial system roll-outs/enhancements, and applying consistent customary business practices. Proactively support Global Finance Transformation initiatives and serve as a key liaison with Global Information Systems & Technology.
- New Business – Responsible for playing an integral role in the conception and execution of processes for managing, administering and reporting on business activity involving Merch, Publishing, Premium Content, Rights Participation and other new revenue streams.
Who you are:
- 6-8 years of progressive financial and analytical experience, with a demonstrated track record of ability to be an inspirational supervisor.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university and proficient working knowledge of accounting principles.
- Innovative, self-starter with a bias toward action, who can proactively self-manage multiple projects and balance getting the details right with moving swiftly. Must be adaptive.
- You apply your proactive approach mentality with excellent analytical, communication and problem-solving skills. Highly numerate.
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.